Learn More About Virtual Camp
Easterseals has hosted camps for people with disabilities of all ages for more than 70 years. COVID -19 forced the cancellation of many of our camps, so we thought we would put together a virtual camp that could be shared with anyone, anytime. Most campers have said what they like most about Easterseals Camps is the chance to meet and connect with others no matter what their ability. Virtual Camp gives us the opportunity to keep the camp spirit alive all year long and remain connected to friends and counselors. Virtual Camp was developed by the input of camp directors from all over the U.S. and Canada.
Camp is family friendly and everyone can join in. Virtual camp is appropriate for all ages!
Virtual camp is a day-long event and it is hosted periodically throughout the year. It is a way to keep campers connected all year long and to introduce those that have never been to an Easterseals Camp to a great experience of doing, learning, and sharing. Campers who sign up will receive updates about when the next camp will be held.
- Complete consent form then register with camper’s name and email address if camper is under 18 years of age.
- We will send a confirmation note and a link to our Zoom Campfire get-together.
- All of our activities are supported by videos, written instructions, and can be done when a child needs a fun break on their own schedule. Each child can pick the activities that they would like to do. We have art, cooking, nature, games, and many more great ideas to do at home.
- We encourage campers to share pictures of their craft activities in the photo gallery, located in your dashboard when you log in.
- Our Zoom Campfire call is 45-60 minutes long and is hosted and monitored by Easterseals staff. The Zoom Campfire calls start at 5PM CST / 6PM EST / 4PM MST / 3PM PST.
Right now Virtual Camp is Free, but we are accepting a suggested donation of $15 per camp. Please donate here to make a contribution.